Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Poem of Someday...

There is a gaping hole
in the middle of my life
you would fit there perfectly

Our hands they would fit
like pieces of a puzzle
of the thousand piece variety

Parts of me would
compliment parts of you
we would work like a chemical reaction

Each piece of ourselves
would fit like bricks
building loves foundation

Our souls would latch and connect
turning to each other
entering a room causing the world to shift

You would love my quirks
I would thrive in your differences
finding the perfect balance in each other

When we slept
out bodies would fit together
like gloves; cozy and warm

And when we grew old
the wrinkles wouldn't make a difference
your face would still make my heart beat faster

When death finally took one
the other would surely follow suit
soon after

2 comments: