Tuesday, February 15, 2011

37 Days, 14 hours, And 2 Minutes

Please tell me what you think about this poem. Critique me. I want to make it better! 

37 Days, 14 hours, And 2 Minutes
-B


I still remember the first time our lips met
We were innocent then
We didn’t know about politics and pain
We didn’t know the pressures of society
Or the expectations that would soon weight us down
We were children playing house
I was the wife
You were the husband
It all seemed so easy, carefree

Then we grew up
You have a job that lets you travel the world
The job that I dreamed of having
I have a job that ties me to this town
The town we grew up in
The town we learned about life in
The place I have learned to simply exhist in

Today marks:
37 days
14 hours and
2 minutes since I last saw you
I lost track of the last time I talked to you
Probably some time in high school
When you realized I was weighing you down
You found new friends
And you found new vices

I still dream of the night that we spent
Watching the meteor shower
That night in June before high school
Somehow our hands entertwined
And everything felt right
Your palm hugging mine in an intimate embrace

I wish I could tell you
How I feel, how I have always felt
I watch those sappy romantic movies
And wish we were the characters

I feel silly marking the days
But it helps me get by
Helps me get through each day
Knowing that one day you might come back
And see me and love me again

Unrequieted love until then…

No comments:

Post a Comment