Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Follow the Leader

Sometimes I like to imagine that I am playing follow the leader with God. I imagine that I am young again, willing to follow and imitate whatever He is doing.

I remember the laughter and frustrations that came along with following the leader. I never knew what was going to happen next and if I would look foolish or not. I remember how equally awkward being the leader was for me. I was a painfully shy kid, that didn't want to be anywhere near the center of attention. I always felt that I was going to do something that would make me look stupid. I also hit an early grown spurt that made me at least 3 inches taller and more clumsy than the rest of the kids. I tried in vain to not stand out, I just wanted to blend in.

I still have frustrations when it comes to following God now. I like to know what is going to happen in my future, but as much as I would love that I know that only God knows what is happening for sure in the future, in my future. Following the leader is still full of frustration and laughter, but I feel less awkward because I know that I won't ever have to be the leader and looking silly is no problem when God is looking after me.

2 comments:

  1. Paragraph 2 = the story of my life! I actually take comfort with the fact that only God knows my future, but yeah sometimes I wish I knew as well. I just wanted to say congrats for winning the Nikon d3100 from @photoblggr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you so so much! I think it is a human quality that we all have, wanting to know the future. I know deep in my soul that what God has planned for me is waaaaaaay better than anything I could imagine. And that brings me great joy. But sometimes my brain takes over and makes me want to know more...silly brain lol.

    I was completely shocked. I had actually forgotten that I had entered the contest, so it was doubly shocking lol.

    ReplyDelete