Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fashion Forward Motion

I am not someone who looks like they would enjoy fashion, I mean I don't even dress up most days, just throw on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans with some skate shoes or converse or my slip on shoes. But I love fashion, the art pieces, masterpieces really that are created by designers amazes and inspire me. To be able to glimpse the mind of the designer in the pieces that flow from their mind is a magical thing to experience. And to see how they present their art on the runway and in the magazines. While some pieces and pictures may be provocative for anyone, there is beauty in clothing. I recently heard fashion described as an expression of how beautiful the human body is. The stories that create a line, that help the designer build from the fabric the final pieces, are as different as the designers. It is sometimes a challenge to see what the designer is trying to tell you with their clothing. 


Sometimes I have a hard time seeing what God is trying to tell me. I can't see what he wants me to do, where he wants me to go. But in the little details, in the little blessings that God gives me everyday I see the a glimpse of who God is. I love those little glimpses, the beauty that each one holds is incomparable to anything... ever. The things, the stories, that make up my life are unique to me. The things I go through and have gone through and will go through shape me, make me into the person I am and will be. I hope that in the end the story that my life tells is filled with beauty. That the only thing that remains are those beautiful masterpieces, those pieces that God has made in me. And that people can find something in my life that speaks to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment