Sunday, April 4, 2010

the day that death died.

One of the people that I follow on twitter wrote today that Easter is "the day that death died. hallelujah!" I was reminded why Easter should be celebrated. Its not about the bunny or who will get more eggs at the easter egg hunt but it is about a revolutionary who came to the earth who was fully God and fully man. Its about that man who spoke for the outcast, took a stand against the "rules" of the era and showed that following God is all about love. Its about the Son of God who died for his creation to save them from eventual death, eternal death. And all this because He loves us. I feel so humbled when I think about this because many times I feel so unworthy of this love because it is so... well big. It is more than I can comprehend right now. I thank God for sending His Son to die for me and for you, because eternity will be the best days of my life! I also pray that I can walk in the footsteps of Jesus and love the downtrodden, that I will find the strength and courage to stand up for those who have no voice, and to help me love those who I can't seem to love on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment