Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Prairie Dreams

A wide expanse of sky
Before me, behind me, beside me
Alone on this ridge
Alone in this vast space
Alone, but not lonely
I feel the breeze caress my face
The sun smiling its warmth on
My face, my arms, my body
The tall grass brushes against my jean clad legs
In a dance, a tango with the wind
Upon the wind is a faint scent of flowers
The flowers among the grass
Are being visited by buzzing bees and butterflies
A huge old oak down the hill
Spreads its gracious branches
The shade beckons, calling me to lie beneath
Its limbs to share the space with
The birds and squirrels enjoying its open arms
The clouds to my left are growing
Dark and heavy with wonderful rain
The smell of wet earth will soon be here
Comforting and beautiful
There is a distant ringing
Pulling me, leading me away from this prairie
It is time to wake up and go
Prairie dreams will stay here
In my dreams, in my memories
Time no longer standing still
But marching its continuous march

No comments:

Post a Comment