Sunday, January 24, 2010

Looking Beyond

I've been sitting in my room all day attempting to tackle this massive amount of homework that has accumulated over the last week. I don't even know where to begin. I have to write two papers one on sociology, which if I am honest I am only taking the class to get credit, and the other for my PR Campaigns class. I have to write about a "cool campaign" that impressed me... I don't know what to do. I feel like a loser when I go to Google and type in "ad campaigns 2009". I mean what self respecting student would do that... well that would be me!! :D

Recently I have had a hard time focusing on things like school when there are people, children, families that can't afford to eat more than one meal a day and I am paying for my college education (mind you, it is with hard work, loans, grants, and a some money from the parents). I see so much struggle out there and I just want to go help and not worry about finishing school. But I know that I can help more people if I finish what I am doing. I can have a backup plan for when God leads me back from the "mission field" (wherever that may be). I have to keep remebering that God has me here at this school for a reason and that I should do my best to keep up my grades so I can graduate and help the people that I see hurting (and maybe in return they can help me...).

My continuous prayer is that God will use me wherever I go. And that his love and light will shine through my life onto those whom I meet. I also pray that I will see him in the faces of those that I meet and that I will be able to love them as he loves them and that I will not shy away from living the way Jesus did while he was on earth (that is another topic for another time). I think that best that I can do is pray that he will continue to work in me, and help me see myself the way he sees me. Perfect and Holy...

No comments:

Post a Comment